A New Home?

OMG, I found a new genre! Read this:

Dorchester is launching a new romance line, line name as yet to be determined. Aimed at a young, hip audience, these books will feature 18-25 year old heroines and will be packaged with Manga-style covers. The stories will feature a heroine "stolen from her normal life into an alternate universe--a universe that challenges all she thought she knew.“ The hero will usually be in a position of some power or in the know in the new world. The stories should be told primarily from the heroine's point-of-view, and should have a strong narrative voice.

Did you read it?! Manga-style covers!! *squeal* Do you know that this makes me think of? Escaflowne, but with a HEA (happily ever after) ending. Oh, I am going to start working on this... now!! I have an idea in mind already, and it’s just waiting to pop onto paper. What do you all think? Does it sound like something you’d all be interested in? It would be like manga with out the art (omg, did I really say that?!). I’m sure the covers will be ogle-worthy. *sigh* I’m all antsy, sitting here typing. Oh, and we have thunder and lightning right now! What better atmosphere to plot out a ‘yank‘ scene? Er, on paper that is ^_^

Ok, that was rather strange. I may have lost myself a bit there. Ok, I'm fine now. Manga is put into the back of my mind and I can breath properly. My hand is a bit sore, but...

Well, it's Saturday night, and I'm ready for bed (yes, I'm that pathetic). I plan on working on my writing tomorrow since our horseshow was canceled due to rain. What a bummer.

Happy Writing all, and stay dry!
Amber Jennell

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home