A good swift... Kick!

So much for my writer's competition. For the month of March, my muse had fled and I failed to write a single word towards my 50k goal. -Sigh- I guess that happens. There where things I could have done; forced my self to write, rewrote/revised sections of my story, or jumped into something new, but I didn't feel like it. Such a scary thought, that. I did not feel like writing. Just typing the words makes me shudder. All things considered, I have been out of sorts. I've been spending the month job hunting, and since I don't have a car I've only been applying to in-town positions, which limits my options quite a bit. I've also been working on my web page. Created some new web sets and such, as well as applying for my domain name.

Since it is a new month - ok, the second week of a new month - I've decided to jumpstart my writing. For three hours a day (no excuses) I will be writing. Writing, writing, and nothing but writing. If I am lucky, this will give me that little boost I need to get down to business. Besides, it's not like I have nothing to write about. The story to my LUNA is still workable, and I have even come up with a prequel short story. Now all I need to do is decide which aspect I want to use. Perhaps I'll use them both and see which one turns out the best. You never know, I may decide to turn one of them in to the sequel (always a nice possibility).

As another excuse to get my writing back on track, I've been picking up books and reading them (something I hadn't not done last month - shame on me). Since I haven't been in the mood for anything specific, I've been reading everything. Just this morning I finished Shari Anton's "Knave of Hearts". Well, there's a spark! Oh, drat, but in the direction of Medieval Historicals, not fantasy. Of course, I just received my copy of Sarah Zettel's "For Camelot's Honor". That should push me in the write direction.

Happy writing,
Amber Jennell

P.S. (yes, I am adding a post script to my blogg entry)
If anybody is interested in a web set/ or re-design of a current web site, feel free to visit my site: http://amberjennell.tripod.com. I am offering a 10% discount to all my loyal blogg readers. Yes, that means you!! Don't you feel special?

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home