A New Year, A New Resolution

It's that time again. Time to change your calendar, send the family home, and write out those ridiculously long resolutions that you have absolutely no plan on keeping (and if you do, I'm sure you've already broken half of them by now). Yep, I'm talking about the New Year's Resolution. I've made them for years and have failed to keep a single one of them. But, as with any sort of tradition, I sat down on December 31st, went over my plan, and wrote out my Resolution.

1) Finish my MS. Not very hard if I put butt-to-chair and fallow my plan of writing 600 words (about 3 pages) each and everyday.

2) Finish 2 shorts and submit them. Ok, come on. A short should be verry easy, right? Not! You have less room to finish your plot, and in my case they seem to grow to novel size. I plan on writing 200 words/day (1 page) each month for this.

3) Walk the dog more. Yes, we all have the scary "lose weight" on our list, and they never seam to work. So I've decided to change mine a bit. Instead of 'losing weight' I'm goint to walk the dog 2 blocks in the morning and 2 in the evening. Nough said.

4) Update my web site and blog more often. Once every couple of moths is some what pathetic. I'm aiming for twice a month at the least.

5) Finish MS. Yes, I need it on their twice, just in case ;-)

Well, now that my goals are down and in front of millions of eyes (ok, at lease 50 pair) I feel confident in completing each and everyone. With a little (or a lot) of hard work, I'm sure I can do this. And if I start to slip, feel free to give me a swift kick in the right direction.

How about you? What are your New Year's resolutions? Do you even have any? I'd love to know! It's always interesting to see what other people expect for themselves.

Happy Writing and a Happy New Year,
Amber

2 comments:

Bloggin' can get addictive. I should resolve to only update weekly. LOL. Happy New Year.

1/03/2006 5:07 PM  

Ah, if it doesn't harm your day life or your writing, what's the harm? ;-)

1/06/2006 12:55 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home